We successfully organised our first External Stakeholder Workshop, an online event, on the 9th December 2020 from 09:00 – 12:30 CET/10:00 – 13:30 SAST.
Our special thanks to all FOCUS-Africa partners, participants and our speakers:
- Dr. Mary-Jane Bopape
- Nyiko Maluleke
- Professor Coleen Vogel
- Dr. Moses Azong Cho
- Nehru Pillay
Workshop presentations (click to download)
- Focus-Africa External Stakeholder Workshop Report
- Getting to the heart of climate change – the role of science and engagement by Prof Coleen Vogel
- The South African Weather Service weather and climate information by Dr. Mary-Jane Bopape
- Climate Services for Credit Decison-Making by Mr. Nehru Pillay
- Climate Smart Agriculture – the future of agriculture in southern Africa by Dr. Moses Choe
- Smallholder farmer adaptation to climate change by Mr. Nyiko Maluleke
- Outcomes of the internal project workshop by Ms. Roberta Boscolo, WMO coordinator
The EU H2020 FOCUS-Africa project incorporates eight case studies within four sectors – agriculture and food security, water, energy and infrastructure – across the geographical region of the Southern African Development Community (SADC). The main objective of the project is to develop sustainable, tailored climate services.